Root Canal Hoboken, NJ
Dental Arts of Hoboken offers root canal therapy in Hoboken, NJ. Root canals, also referred to as endodontic therapy, are performed when there is damage, injury or infection within the root of a tooth, typically to the nerves.
Symptoms that indicate that a root canal procedure may be necessary include:
- Moderate to severe pain when chewing or biting down on a tooth
- Lingering sensitivity to hot or cold food or liquid
- Sensitivity when tapping on the top of the tooth
- Pain radiating from one area of the mouth to another
- Toothache pain severe enough to keep you up at night
- Facial swelling
It is important that symptoms indicating damage or infection to a tooth’s nerve not be ignored. Root canal therapy can remove any infection or damage before it spreads further. If infection is allowed to spread beyond the nerves and tissues in a tooth’s root, tooth loss, bone loss, and more serious health issues can occur.
Using local anesthesia, the root canal procedures are virtually painless. For those anxious about having a root canal performed, we offer sleep sedation root canal therapy.
If you are interested in learning more about root canal therapy in our Hoboken dental office, contact us today at 201-963-9000.